Are you a performer or creative artist who wants to…
…find a bigger audience for your work?
…increase the revenue you earn from your projects?
…get noticed by the people who will help advance your career?
…break through the distractions to focus on your dream project?
Well my friend, you’ve come to the right place.
Hi. I’m Matthew, and I founded The Business of Performing to help artists and performers like you build rich and sustainable careers by doing the work they love.
The creative people I work with are no longer satisfied with ‘waiting to be picked’. They are ready to actively develop and collaborate on creative projects that excite and energise them.
While working professionally for 24 years as a freelance musical director, pianist, teacher and entrepreneur, I’ve learned that although it’s important to develop efficient techniques and strategies, the most remarkable outcomes are created by focussing on the mindsets, beliefs and habits that will grow your influence and impact as an artist.
You can design the career you want!
- Commanding the attention of an audience of loyal fans who are enthusiastic about everything you create and can’t wait to share it with their friends
- Developing ongoing relationships with the most connected people in media – building your profile and increasing your exposure through blogs, press, radio, television and influential online sites
- Getting booked for jobs, gigs, tours and festivals because of the buzz your performances are generating
- Finding the sweet spot – balancing the time and energy you invest in ‘being creative’ versus ‘making money’
- Feeling supremely confident in the direction your career is headed, secure in the knowledge that you’re moving towards the goals that matter most to you
The good news is you don’t have to do all this on your own.
Through the articles I share for free on this site and the coaching program I’ve designed specifically for performers, The Business of Performing offers both the mindsets and the strategies you need to a) get your creativity in front of more people and b) develop a plan to actually get paid.
Are you ready to make it happen?
Here’s what to do next – sign up below to my private email list for exclusive material, advice, musings and inspiration that you won’t find anywhere else.
You’ll receive regular notes on topics such as audience building, capitalising on your unique identity as a performer, and keeping focused on what really matters in moving your career forward.
Let’s do it!